La giornalista curda, che ha lanciato un appello per la libertà di espressione e informazione in Turchia, scrive al Forum delle giornaliste del Mediterraneo e a Giulia giornaliste
Dear my friends,
unfortunately, I have learned that the prosecutor demands 3 years jail sentence for me
I am blamed for "provoking people to hatred and enmity" with my peace tweets. It is really ironic. These are my tweets:
- What are coming from tanks are not olive branches, they are bombs. When they drop, people are dying. Ahmet is dying, Hasan is dying, Rodi is dying, Mızgin is dying…. Lives are ending…
- To give the name of “olive branch” to war, to death. This is Turkey!
- The Leftists, the Rightists, the Nationalists and the Islamists are all united together, in hate against the Kurdish people.
- Where do you think that you are going to conquer? Which religion, which belief supports war and death? (I wrote this Tweet after the Turkish religious authority called for ‘conquest’ in a sermon supporting the military)
- (Re-Tweet of another journalist’s photo of a killed child in Afrin) I wrote, “Those who want war, look at this picture, a child died”.
There is no "hatred and enmity" in these tweets. These Tweets demonstrate that I am against war and death, and yes, I criticized the war policies of the Turkish government.
It seems that the State is trying to put pressure on me to stop writing
, tying me up with meaningless court cases
and bans. They want me to stop writing about human rights violations and war crimes in the Region. Sure, our struggle for human rights, peace, justice and democracy will continue.
My court trial will be in May, I will inform you about the developments.
Thanks for your solidarity.